Click on any of the links, in the index below, to go directly to the image album that may interest you. To view full size images within the album, simply click on the thumbnail image. Whilst on the full size image clicking on the 'i' (information symbol) to the right of each image, will bring up a caption about the image.
Before you check out the images, you may wish to check out the glossary first, to familiarise your self with the some of the official and not so official, acronyms and terms I use on this site.
Photo Gallery Index
- Glossary of terms and acronyms
A Fettler's view of working with Queensland Government Railways in the early 1960s. Dedicated to my late Dad Colin George Power, all photos were taken by him while working as a Fettler with QGR in the early 1960s.
- Photos taken by my Dad at the time while working as a Fettler, near Grantham on the Toowoomba Line, circa 1961.
- Photos taken by my Dad near Yerra on the Monto Line of the Flying Gang my Dad worked with on a day in March 1962.
- Derailment at Elliot on the North Coast Line on the 24th March 1962. Dad happened to be heading back home for a break and was on that train when it derailed.
The 'Lander' Trains - My tribute.
- My Collection of 'Lander' train photos I have taken over the years. Not as many as I thought I had but hope they are still of interest anyway.
- Photos I took of the north bound Sunlander on Thursday 26 June 2014 just before its departure at 13:25 hrs from its origin point, Roma Street Station (Brisbane, Queensland).
- Photos of the southbound Sunlander at Townsville on the 12th August 2006. This train was to be my accomodation and ride home back to Brisbane during this and the following day.
- Townsville 2003 Photos taken of rail action around Townsville, North Queensland during my holidays there in 2003. Good memories here.
- Townsville 2001 Rail action around Townsville, North Queensland' during my holidays there in 2001. Some great pictures of the old Townsville Station.
Railway Infrastructure and Signalling - Past and Present
- Photos I took of Coominya Railway Station on the now abandoned Brisbane Valley Line. 30 May 2021.
- Photos I took of Lowood Railway Station on the now abandoned Brisbane Valley Line. 30 May 2021.
- Photos I took of Clifton Railway Station on the Southern Line. 27 Sep 2020.
- Photos I took of Laidley Railway Station on the Toowoomba Line. 29 Jun 2019.
- Photos I took of Helidon Railway Station on the Toowoomba Line. 17 Aug 2018.
- Signalling related photos I have taken at various places on Queensland's rail network.
- Images, history and work carried out on the Eudlo mimic board. 31 Aug 2017.
- Images of Spring Bluff Station (on the Toowoomba line) and surrounds taken over the number of different times I have visited there.
- Riverlink/North Ipswich Preserved Rail Remnants. 10&13 Jun 2016, 31 Jul 2018 & 27 Nov 2019.
- Images from the 13th Feb 2016 open day of the new Wulkuraka Maintenance Facilty designed for the new Brisbane Suburban NGR (700 series EMU) units.
- Esk Station and surrounds, once part of the now abandoned Brisbane Valley Line, as it stands of 6th Jan 2016.
- Photos I took of the old Queensland Government Railways admin building (now the Denison Boutique Hotel) and adjacent active rail yard in Rockhampton. 16 Aug 2014.
- Over the border! Photos taken of the now abandoned Murwillimbah Branch (North Coast) Line in northern NSW. Taken 3rd and 4th May 2013.
- Remnants of Cane Train infrastructure in Nambour on 31st March 2013.
- Lowood Station, once part of the Brisbane Valley Line, as it stands of 22nd Sept 2012.
- Various Locations-Queensland's Railway Infrastructure
Diesel Motive Power
- Queensland Rail's Cairns/Kuranda Tourist Train. Trip on 3 Nov 2020.
- Preserved 1270 Class English Electric Loco 1281 'Century'
- Queensland Rail, Cairns (Diesel) Tilt Train (CTT)
- Goninan/GE 2800 Class Locos
- Pacific National Queensland Locos
- QRN/Aurizon GM/Clyde 1720 Class Locos
- QRN/Aurizon GM/Clyde 1700 Class Locos
- 50th Anniversary Southern Aurora at Clapham (Brisbane). 23 Apr 2012.
- Locos, Wagons and Infrastructure at Redbank Yard. 14 Apr 2012.
- Goninan/GE 2600 Class Locos
- Other Diesel Motive Power
Steam Motive Power
- Preserved Shay Loco 906 Munro No.1 - Munro Tramway. Photos taken 17 Oct 2020.
- Queensland Pioneer Steam Railway (QPSR). Photos taken at Swanbank Station during running day on 14 Apr 2019.
- Queensland Pioneer Steam Railway (QPSR). Photos I have taken from visits over the years.
- BB181/4-1089 hauling an SX set is caught on camera as it runs its last trip to Grandchester from Ipswich completing a week of driver training. 27 Jun 2014.
- Rosewood Railway Museum Easter running day. 27 Apr 2014.
- BB181/4-1089 at Roma Street hauling 'Steam Train Sunday' train, Brisbane. 7 July 2013.
- Mary Valley Heritage Railway and the 'Valley Rattler' at Gympie during visits on 19 May 2012 and 15 Jan 2012.
- C17-974 at Roma Street hauling Sunshine Express tour to Landsborough. 6 Nov 2010.
- Other Steam Motive Power
Rollingstock - Past and Present
- VTJ 23520 Ballast Wagon at Brisbane Maritime Museum. 15 Apr 2012.
- Other Rollingstock
Electric Motive Power
- Aurizon/QR National, Electric Locos
- Queensland Rail, Rockhampton (Electric) Tilt Trains (RTT)
- Queensland Rail, ICE Units.
- Queensland Rail, Brisbane Suburban Units (except for orignal EMU sets).
- Queensland Rail, Brisbane's original EMU sets.
- Perth's Suburban B Trains.
- Photos of ex Gulflander Railmotor RM 74 on display at Redlands Museum. 14 Sep 2014.
- Other Railmotors
- Images from Brisbane Tramway Museum's night run, 17th April 2021, remembering 52 years since the systems closure on 13th April 1969.
- Images of Brisbane Tram 440 in peaceful retirement at Rosevale, Queensland. 6 Dec 2014.
- Images from Brisbane Tramway Museum, running day. Sunday 19th January 2014.
- Images from Brisbane Tramway Museum, running day. Sunday 30th May 2010.
- Images from Brisbane Tramway Museum, running day. Sunday 11th November 2007.
Gold Coast Light Rail
- Photos I took along the recently extended Gold Coast Light Rail Network during a visit to the GC. 28 Feb 2019.
- Taking a ride on the newly operational Gold Coast Light Rail network on Tuesday 29 July 2014. Revenue services had only begun a week before on Monday 21st July 2014.
- Photos I took of progress on the project and the new Flexity 2 trams while they were running for driver training. 29 Nov 2013.
- The progress thus far on the Gold Coast Light Rail project. Photos taken during a trip to the Gold Coast. 6 May, 2013.
- Maryborough, Trainfest 2000
- Arthur's Gallery
- Mixed Motive Power
This page Copyright Colin B Power 2021. Qld. Australia.